Sunday, December 23, 2007

Christmas in San Diego

Okay...so Christmas in San Diego is not quite the same as it is in Utah. For one, there's no snow. But we've been able to start some traditions of our own, being here for the second year in a row without family. So yesterday I baked. I made some awesome sugar cookies. I'm a sucker for soft cookies and I found a recipe last year that puts every other sugar cookie recipe to shame. Anyway...we had Jason and Elise over to play some Wii and gratefully, Elise helped me to decorate the million and a half cookies I baked.



Last year, we finally got our own real sized Christmas tree. Last year we were fortunate enough to have my parents here to decorate it with us, but this year it was up to us, and so naturally, it took a little longer. But Chris's parents this year got us a tree skirt to match our Mickey and Minnie stocking we got last year. Here are some pictures of our final tree this year:

3 comments:

Kristin Hanson said...

Is it sad that I'm jealous of your California Christmas? Probably not... Think of us when the sun is shining and the weather is warm on Tuesday. We're supposed to have more snow! Icky!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I am thinking of you while I sit here bundled up and frozen. I was really thinking about you the other day when I had to have the Sheriff's office push my car up the hill so that I could get to work. (grumble) Your tree is great. Love the sugar cookies. Madison is jealous!!! Madison is also upset that you have pictures of the buzz biteya ride without the queen of buzz biteya.