Monday, March 29, 2010

At some point in my life...

So for as long as I can remember cars have always been a huge part of my life. Heck at last count I've owned 2 dozen cars in my short driving life. My dad is one of the greatest mechanics I know and can probably fix anything pre-2000 without the manual. For years I have slowly tried to glean as much out of him as I can. I remember many times when my sister and I were younger my dad would take us off-roading in whatever we happened to own. In fact he and I beat the crap out of a Suzuki Sidekick multiple times out past Kamas (ask me for details). And if it's of any doubt, just ask all my friends about the crappy jeeps I've hauled to and from Moab, around Logan, and even throughout UT.
My dad and I have always wanted to race in a SCORE-style race (think Baja 500 and Baja 1000) and a few years ago I came about a league that I may get into, but that's for another day. Then I went South for a couple years and came into Rally Cross. I drove and rode in several Rally Racers and even saw a WRC event while I was down there. It's roughly the same as baja, just in cars.
So where is all this going? Well see I read this article and all I could think is- someday I want to drag my dad down there and pull something this crazy off for ourselves. In the meantime I will just enjoy that somewhere there's a guy living his dream and writing enough about it for the rest of us to laugh at.


~Chris

1 comment:

Ed said...

Hey, a lot of us still envy those "crappy Jeeps" you drove...

I could totally see you & your Dad pulling something like this off!