Friday, February 26, 2010

Seriously!?! Welcome back to 1996

So I was reading on U2 . com this morning that apparently the opening acts for the band during their tour in 2010 will include Lenny Kravitz!
Wow, I didn't even know he still did music, let alone toured... to all of those going to SLC to see the show may I suggest the following apparel:

Tear-away track pants. C'mon you know you still have some in the closet.
Maybe a leftover grunge t-shirt. Something from the vein of mudhoney or maybe a classy Alice-in-Chains shirt.
Anything Tommy Hilfiger
Baby t-shirts for the girls
If you're feeling ambitious you could rock some early goth looks. Keep in mind that you need to make sure you keep to the goth, as tempted as you might be to go Emo.
A Titanic hat or shirt. Something classy, like Leo leaning over the edge with the caption, "I'm the King of the World."
Maybe something more relevant like say... an, "Oh Behave!" Austin Powers shirt. (While whistling, "That Thing You Do.")
Or maybe you're edgy and you bought the, "Show Me the Money," shirt (Good on you for sticking it to the man and supporting that hot, young actor Thomas Cruise)

Hmm lets see what else...**Rummages through closet and looks in laundry hamper for last week's outfits**

Ahh yes, one last one for ya:
A nice Green Day Nimrod T-shirt under your cardigan, some super low-riding jeans and maybe some extra long hair. Yup that was what I wished I was wearing.
Oh, and throw on your Starter jacket if it gets cold that evening. Something classy like a University of Miami (You know the 'Canes) one.
Then get ready to sing all the awesomeness of, "Are You Gonna Go My Way?"

Cause, boy howdy, I can't believe how awesome the opening acts for 2010 360 tour are!!!

Chris

2 comments:

Ed said...

Perhaps a Kurt Cobain / Eddie Vedder flannel shirt & some ripped up SilverTab jeans...

Ed said...

Another Thought...

I'll take Kravitz ANY day over the opening act in Salt Lake on the Vertigo Tour... Kanye West!!??? Opening for U2???? REALLY???

If I'd had floor tix for that show, I could've been inside the ellipse no problem. NO ONE was there while Kanye was on stage!