Sunday, March 30, 2008

Caesary Chavez

Cesar Chavez is one of my favorite people this week. Who is he and why, you ask? His name is Cesar E. Chavez, and when pronounced really quickly (as in on the radio the other day) he sounds like a nice, flavorful dish. And, according to a sign posted at the ECEC (my work) last week, and I quote "ECEC will be closed March 28 due to Cesar Chavez." Why wouldn't he be one of my favorite people? So Chris and I got to take the day off after 2 very crazy stressful weeks. We had big plans for Friday. We did. But when you wake up and it is overcast and only about 55 degrees, it makes it really hard to want to go to the beach and go body boarding. Wah wah wah, all of you who live in the cold say, but 55 IS cold here, (no matter what you try to tell me!) Anyway...we spent the day playing video games, cleaning and sewing. Which I think is just what we needed...a day off.

2 comments:

Pulcheria said...

Congratulations on your day off! I am sure it was very deserved.

Anonymous said...

we don't believe in Cesar Chavez day up here we celebrate a few fellows you might have heard of... lincoln and washington. But what do you expect living a stones throw from the border.. just kidding. Sounds like you guys had a rip roarin day off. Cya - Shane