Thursday, July 30, 2009

Time to Re-Rock

Yup so 2 bands that we'll be seeing later this fall have released packs of songs on Rockband this week, and it looks to be some must haves for the Larsons. blink-182 and Weezer have both released packs...which makes me wonder: Would these be good songs to have for the YSA conference we're helping with next weekend? Thoughts from the peanut gallery (BTW- YSA=Young Single Adult church group). The songs are:

Weezer- Pork and Beans
My Name is Jonas
Undone (The Sweater Song)

blink-182- Down
Feeling This
The Rock Show

My 2 cents:
My Name is Jonas is my favorite weezer song, but not exactly the rock-a-thon that I come to look for in a good RB song. Down is a kinda slow blink song too. The Rock Show is about as basic pop-punk as you can get which always lends itself to a great play... who knows!?!

2 comments:

Ed said...

Depends how you're asking...

I think the songs would be great! But for play with a church group you might want to edit a few lyrics - particularly on the blink songs...

Granted, "Feelin' This" is one of our favorite songs to sing along to in the car. Some great harmonies in there and the song just makes you feel good.


I'm so jealous of these people that get to hang w/ you. Miss ya guys!

Chris and Lish said...

yeah we're having some "content" issues in that every song on earth can be construed wrong.