Tuesday, March 3, 2009

NLOTH

Yup another acronym to nothing. U2 strikes again with the new album, "No Line on the Horizon."

3 words: Get it, NOW!

I've spoken with several people who aren't totally sold on it. Get it. I've heard it more than half a dozen times now, it just keeps getting better. I wasn't into the whole album at first, it is a heck of a lot more subtle than HTDAAB but far more aggressive than ATYCLB (told you they were into random acronyms). I heard it described best as, a modern rendition of, "The Unforgettable Fire." Yeah kinda, only with a huge rock infusion into it. Think of it as TUF meets HTDAAB with hints of, "Achtung Baby," "Zooropa," and "Pop," tossed in for good measure. It's unique and I can hear Lanois and Eno's influence. Again I wasn't so sure at first but now I'm a total convert.

One last note for everyone: Do yourself a favor. Listen to this on a real stereo. One that has speakers bigger than 4". No computer speaker set, nor MP3 player and accompanying headset can do justice to the small intricacies that are present. It rocks when it wants and makes you want to cry at other times.

What more can I say? I've got a submarine, you got gasoline.

- As a side note it should be noted that Eno and/or Lanois was present in all of the albums I mentioned as being a mashup of.

No comments: