Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Down with the Dentist!

So I officially do not like my dentist. I hadn't been in 7 years, so I expected to need some work. But really? Today, while reading a story to my kids at work, my temporary crown fell off. I just don't think that that is supposed to happen. I'm supposed to get my permanent crown next Tuesday, but when I called today to see if they could just put the permanent one on, they said they didn't have it yet. when I originally got the temporary crown, they told me they usually get them in a couple weeks. That was 3 weeks ago and they still don't have it. So now I have to take time off today to get the temporary one back on, then again on Tuesday to get the permanent one. This is all on top of the filling that they did 2 months ago that still hurts when I eat and all of the problems Chris has had. My advice to all of you is to never go to this dentist. He is not good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ya know, I used to think that dentists were bad too. But then a few years ago I started going to a Dr. Smith in Providence and it was night and day. He said that fillings shouldn't hurt or be sensitive for more than a day or so, if it was it was done wrong and is easily corrected. AND I learned more in the first visit with him than all my growing up with the dentist I had back home. So my suggestion: Go to Dr. Smith in Providence!

Chris said...

Yeah you know I never disliked the dentist (still don't mind them - the one we did have was an idiot). Alicia is far more worked up about all of this than I am.

Ahenobarbus Textor said...

There ARE a few genuinely bad dentists out there, though. There's no reason to stick with one you don't feel right about.