Friday, November 7, 2008

Let the nastiness begin

So people are very upset that Prop 8 passed ( I intend to address this in more detail over the next few days) but more ironic is that now, while preaching equality they decide to become hostile...

A story in the LA Times shows that the LDS faith will become the main focus of hatred by those who oppose prop 8. Not the first time that people have decided that LDS people have too much ability to influence elections. Irony here is in the form that so many other churches, including the Catholic church supported prop 8, but hey why hate on them...

Whatever the end result I can tell you this. I am proud to be a member of the LDS church, I am proud of the fact that I supported prop 8, and if you honestly think that my freedom to choose my way is so reprehensible, and causes you so much disdain, than maybe you need to consider moving to a place where the public opinion doesn't matter. Cause last time I checked the public in CA twice has said that they don't feel that homosexual marriage should be legal. And that is enough for me.

~Chris

No comments: