Sunday, October 9, 2011

Project for the little girl

So I wanted to make a blanket or something for the little one that will be here soon, but just hadn't figured out what to do yet. Then, Chris bought me a serger and a new sewing machine for my birthday/Christmas, and then I really needed to make something. So I went to the fabric store yesterday without a clue as to what I was actually looking for. I ended up with the following to make a blanket for her. I cut the pieces out last night and came up with a pattern.Then today I pieced them all together (I felt very much like my Great-Grandma Waite who made a quilt a week and we all had baby blankets from her).
Here's a close up of the fabrics I was using. (Also proof that I am not a expert seamstress or quilter, as not many of the corners line up exactly.) The blue is a flannel backed satin, the green is a fleecy bumpy fabric and the polka dot is a cotton calico. The back will be a light pink flannel to make it soft and cozy. I'll post more pictures as I progress. I also bought some fun fabric to make some burp cloths, When I get those made I'll post those too.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah for sewing projects for babies. Those are the best. Way to go! Looks super. Hope all is well there in Cali

Pulcheria said...

Love, love this! Great job!

Reading Family said...

That is so cute! It will be fun to have her wrapped up in a cute and cuddly blanekt. Great job on it!