Thursday, August 21, 2008

And zucchini steaks for all...

So Alicia and I are vegetable lovers. Love to eat them, prepare them, even the smell of steamed vegetables is good to me. So that being said even I have a finite limit to my love of all things green. So when our friends Kate and Jeff offered us a zucchini out of their garden we immediately said yes. Unbeknown to us was the sheer volume of said zucchini. It was so big that we didn't even know what to do with it- so to bread it went, with some other assortments being made before having to chuck some. Fine, dandy, life goes on. Then after the trek we got another one- cool I could go for some veggies. Problem was, three days later Kate offloaded another half a zucc on me. So what you might ask? Well see it's not the number it's the size!
Below is a single section of one of the zucc steaks that I had to cut so that we could do stuff with them.









Needless to say they're HUGE! Yeah that 1st picture, that's a US quarter next to it.
So we made some lasagna featuring zucc, and then w still had ~10 cups of zucc left so we shredded it. Who knows what we'll make with it next!
Oh and btw- we still have a whole zucc left to deal with.

~Chris

Below are some pics of Lish prepping the zucc.

2 comments:

The Kidds said...

Okay Alicia... since you and Sarah teased Liz and I mercilessly whenever we attempted to do anything in the kitchen- I get to poke fun of you in an apron! I hope your zucchinies(?) were good- the Montpelier weather killed all of ours this spring.

Chris and Lish said...

Yeah well...thanks to Chris for the very flattering pictures...